1. Why do I have to join as a member before I can purchase or see pricing?
Wasatch Guns is a member’s only gun dealer. Much like Sam’s Club or Costco, we are a buying club for firearms and we offer dealer direct pricing to all of our members. Most manufacturers do not allow us to publish the price that we sell our firearms for so that is why you can not see pricing before becoming a member. However, we have a full 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee. That way you can join, check out the pricing from our multiple distributors and if the savings are not what you were hoping for, just ask for a refund and we will be happy to process the refund immediately.
2. Do you have a retail store that you stock firearms at?
No, we do not stock guns at a retail location. Since we have zero markup on our firearms, it does not make sense to stock inventory at a retail location. We do have a pick up location located in Layton, Utah for all firearms ordered by our Northern Utah members. Will will ship all other firearms to the FFL of the member’s choice for easy pick up.
3. What is an FFL ?
A "FFL" is a Federal Firearm License. There are currently over 58,000 FFL holders nationwide. FFL holders are commonly gun stores, pawn shops, and retail sporting goods stores. However, there are also many individuals that hold a FFL. All firearms sold to individuals online must be shipped to a local FFL holder who will then transfer the firearm (via ATF form 4473 and associated background check) to the individual.
4. How do I arrange to have a local FFL handle my transfer ?
You can simply choose your preferred local FFL to our list by simply having them fax us a copy of their FFL to 801-610-2021. Please communicate with your chosen FFL prior to completing your purchase with us. You will want to ask for their approval of the transfer as well as their transfer fee.
5. What is the average FFL transfer fee ?
Although the transfer fee varies widely among the +58,000 FFL holders nationwide, the average fee tends to be around $25. For their exact transfer fee, please contact your chosen FFL directly.
6. Can you ship my firearm direct to me at my home or office ?
No, all firearms must be shipped to a verified FFL (Federal Firearm License) holder. The only exceptions are some black powder firearms, and then only to approved states.
7. How do I know if I can legally purchase a firearm?
Before you're able to take possession of your firearm from your dealer you'll be required to pass a background check. This is a fairly simple process. You'll fill out the below form and your dealer will call the information in to FBI NICS. Typically, while your dealer is on the phone he'll receive one of the following responses - approved, delayed, or denied. Please check your state and local regulations as well, several states/locals have additional requirements.
8. Why does my Customer and Billing information have to match?
Due to firearm regulations the Customer name must match the Billing name, and this person must be the intended recipient of the firearm, meaning no one can pick up the firearm but you--the actual purchaser. If this information doesn't match, your order can be delayed or canceled with fees. Simply put, no one can order, pay for, or accept transfer of a firearm except you, the actual buyer.
If you would like to purchase a gift for someone, please purchase a gift card from our website. You will be able to access a printable copy from your Wasatch Gun's account or email it directly to your intended recipient. Then, the person you are purchasing the gift card for can apply the gift card code to their member account, under their name.
9. Why has my credit card been charged multiple times for only one order ?
All orders paid via credit card are processed immediately by a secure third party when you hit "confirm". Our credit card processing has the highest level of security options available. Our third party processor checks: complete credit card number, expiration date, CVV (3 or 4 digit security code), and the registered credit card billing address.
If any of these items are incorrect, your order will not process and you will not receive an order confirmation email. However, by attempting to enter the incorrect information multiple times, your credit card company will put a hold on those funds against your available credit limit. If you attempt to enter the incorrect info five times, your credit card company will place a hold for each of those attempts. The funds are eventually released, usually within 72 hours, without incurring any fees, by your credit card company. This is a fraud protection measure of your credit card company and has nothing to do with www.wasatchguns.com We are not holding your funds and do not have the ability to release them for you. We suggest you contact your credit card company directly to clear up these issues.
10. I just bought a gun from you guys and now the advertised price is less than what I paid. What's up ?
Most of our distributors update pricing every 20 minutes, 24/7, with our their current inventory and cost. We do not price our guns manually based on our cost in each, rather we use a live download from manufacturers and distributors to set our price based on our current replacement cost. As our distributor prices change, the corresponding price of each make/model will change up/down accordingly. Although our profit margin remains at 0%, our prices could change frequently. Especial as our buying group grows and we add more distributors. Prices should always continue to drop
11. Why is my credit card charged when I placed my order, but my order still has not been shipped?
All orders paid via credit card are processed immediately by a secure third party when you hit "confirm". We must confirm your credit card information is correct before we can proceed to process your order, which is why your card is charged when you hit "confirm". As soon as your order is confirmed, we will process and ship your order. You will usually receive your firearm within 2-3 days.
12. Do you price match?
In the unlikely event you find a firearm cheaper that the cost we can get it for, we will request a price match from the distributor/manufacturer. Submit your Price Match Request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org If we are able to match a price, we will let you know immediately and you can proceed to checkout at that price. If we can't match it, we will let you know what the best price we can find is. Keep in mind, we ship firearms for $15, so factor that into your total price when comparing our prices with other firearms retailers. Accessories shipping is also optimized when multiple accessories are purchased within the same order, and FREE on many accessory orders of $199 or more.
13. I submitted my payment by ACH/E-Check and the money was taken from my account. Why hasn't my order shipped?
Payments made via ACH/E-Checks are not electronic funds transfer payments and take a full 5 business days for the funds to show available in our account. The payment will generally show as being deducted from your account within the first 24-48 hours. However, the funds are not available in our account until mid-day of the 5th full business day. At this time, your order will proceed and you should receive email confirmation through our order update process. Even when you pay with an ACH payment, your order will still process out within our advertised time frame.
14. Do you accept PayPal?
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept PayPal. PayPal refuses to process payments for firearms or ammunition. Per their web site:
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
"We don’t allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it’s in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.
For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:
Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.
Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm."
15. Why are the firearms shipped "within 3 to 7 business days" of completing my order ?
Our firearms are located throughout our different distributors or manufacturers by make and model. Most of the time firearms are shipped the same day via 2nd Day Air. However, we want to advertise the worst case scenario to our member. We commit to ship all firearms within 7 business days of completing your order. However, our goal is always to ship ASAP.
16. Do you guys accept gun trades and/or will you buy my used gun?
No. Unfortunately, we are not set up to purchase and sell used guns. Our only goal is to provide our members with the lowest cost on new firearms and accessories.
17. I just received my new gun. It looks used, as if it's been fired, what's up ?
Many new firearms are test fired at the factory. You may notice residual powder, rotation marks on revolver cylinders, residual cosmoline which sometimes appears to look like rust, etc. All firearms sold as "new" are in fact new in box as received from the manufacturer or distributor and include new manufacturer’s warranty....no exceptions.
Any used, factory recertified, certified pre-owned, show guns, or guns in any other condition than new in box will be clearly marked as such on the website.
18. My Password is not Working. How Do I Reset It?
Click HERE and fill out the form to have a new password sent to the email address you used to setup your account.
19. Do you offer discounts to Military, Law Enforcement, & First Responders?
Yes! How does a 50% Discount on a Charter Membership sound? All of us at Wasatch Guns appreciate everything that the men & women of service do for us each and every day. As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a 50% discount on a Charter Membership to all of our country’s Military Active Duty & Veterans, Law Enforcement Officers, & First Responders.
20. There is a problem with one of my items, what is your return policy ?
Our return policy allows for item(s) return and your choice of a full refund or replacement item(s). However, we do have a couple simple requirements for processing a return.
1. Firearms - It is solely the customer’s responsibility to thoroughly inspect the firearm(s) at the FFL prior to accepting the transfer. If there is a noticeable defect of any kind to the firearm, or associated case/contents, please simply refuse the transfer and we will arrange to have the firearm returned to us, at our expense, and issue the customer a full refund or replacement firearm if available. If the customer accepts the transfer from the FFL, we can then only refer the customer to the manufacturer for warranty consideration. WE CAN NOT ACCEPT A RETURN OF A FIREARM THAT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AND TAKEN POSESSION OF BY A MEMBER.
2. Accessories - ALL accessories found to be defective immediately upon receipt, must be returned to Wasatch Guns for refund or replacement. Please contact us and we will immediately arrange for a prepaid UPS label to be emailed to you for the return of the defective item at our expense. Some accessories are shipped factory direct. If you take it upon yourself to return items to the factory, it is very possible that we will not receive credit for those items and therefore will not be able to issue you credit/replacement.
21. Can I resell any of the guns I purchase at cost from Wasatch Guns?
Yes. Just like any other gun you purchase any where else, you may resell the firearm. You must take title and posession of the firearm and follow all state and federal laws that apply to selling a used firearm.